Polynucleotides are injected into aged and damaged and skin via specific techniques, depending on the product used.
Cells have DNA, which is made of polynucleotides. When we inject more polynucleotides into aged and damaged skin cells, they help to regenerate tissue by stimulating fibroblasts – a type of cell that contributes to the formation of connective tissue. Essentially, we are healing skin from within.
We use brands PLINEST and NEWEST.
Newest – 10mg/ml highly purified polynucleotides (20mg total)
- Non crosslined hyaluronic acid 10mg.ml (20mg total).
- Mannitol reinforced the effect of HA as it is a hygroosopic agent, extends Ha effect, has antioxidant activity and increases collagen.
Plinest – 20mg/ml highly purified polynucleotides (40mg total)
- Skin revitalisation to combat general signs of ageing
- Dehydrated & damaged skin
- Acne scars or atrophic scars
- Androgenetic alopecia, hair loss and hair thinning
- Reduce redness in rosacea
- Solar elastosis
- Preparation and recovery pre/post procedures and surgeries (medical & aesthetic)
- Stretch marks
- Deep lines & wrinkles
- Rehydration for dull skin at any age
Treatment is performed in sessions of 4, which are to be taken place 3 weeks apart.
Polynucleotide injections are a very safe and effective treatment when performed by medically qualified specialist professional.
We will guide you regarding suitable treatment course depending on your skin’s requirements. It is best to avoid extremes of temperature for 7 days after treatment. It is not suitable if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Polynucleotides differ from other, hyaluronic-based skin boosters and dermal fillers. Rather than giving skin a surge in collagen and elastin, or ‘plumping’ the skin with carefully placed temporary products, polynucleotides are catalysts in the regeneration of fibroblasts – the main cells within the skin’s structure. The product itself is absorbed by the body fairly rapidly, having activated new cell production.
After treatment you should expect mild redness or inflammation or swelling. This usually lasts between 12-24 hours.
The first signs of improvement often begin around 7-10 days after your first treatment, with the full effects visible at around 3 weeks. This is when we recommend your second, and subsequent treatments to take place. By doing so, we maintain continued, active stimulation of fibroblast production, maximising short and long-term results.
First your medical history will be taken followed by an examination of your skin concerns. You can discuss whether polynucleotide treatment is suitable for you and address your expectations from treatment. When the treatment has been fully explained you will be required to sign a consent form and a photograph will be taken for your confidential records.
Following cleansing local anaesthetic can be applied if needed.
Polynucleotide treatment will then commence with intra-dermal micro bolus injection or via cannula.
Following treatment you an antiseptic cream or lotion will be applied, normally Clinisept+
Treatment is a safe and effective way of tightening and hydrating your skin.
Your comfort levels and expectations are important factors which are considered in your consultation.
Polynucleotide treatment is commonly used on the following areas
However, it may be considered also for:
- Inner knees
- Inner arms
- Stretch marks
For other treatment areas please discuss with Dr Anna Hemming
Treatment is offered as a 4 session course (using 2ml per session) with 3 week intervals between treatments.
Larger areas can be treated during a course, however more product is needed which is reflected in the price.
We also combine Polynucleotide treatments with Profhilo for maximum results.
Dr Hemming will be able to discuss the options most suitable for your skin concerns following examination.
Side effects are minimal if any. Injection site tenderness and mild bruising may occur.
It should not to be used if pregnant or breast feeding as we have no research to prove it is safe for your foetus or child.
Care must be taken if diagnosed with neurological or bleeding disorders, currently suffering with a skin infection or allergy or taking particular medication. Your specialist will be able to advise you further.
Please discuss any current medication with the doctor, especially if you are taking aspirin on Ibuprofen. Medication may need to be stopped before treatment.
- There may be some tenderness, redness, swelling and bruising around the injection site. This is normal and will subside, usually within a few days (or hours).
- If swelling or pain persists or you are concerned, please contact the clinic as soon as possible.
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling and /or redness.
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area.
- Apply a SPF 30+ sun screen. Recommended ZO skin health SPF 30 + primer, or ZO Skin Health Sheer SPF50.
- Stay hydrated
- No recover times is required and you can return to your daily activities immediately.
- Avoid any further cosmetic procedures for 2 days after treatment.
- Avoid wearing make up for 12 hours post treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures (hot and cold) for a minimum of 7 days after treatment (no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure).
- Avoid touching treatment area without first cleaning hands (can use Clinicsept+)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid Swimming for 48 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
Ensure you have booked your second treatment 21 days after the first and a follow up 21 days after your second treatment.
Further booster sessions or courses will maintain the results.
If you have any concerns following treatment with Profhilo please contact Dr Hemming immediately.
Injectable treatments vary by the area of treatment given to achieve the best results. We often get asked about the cost of treatment. At Thames Skin Clinic we pride ourselves on results rather than focus on the price of a treatment, it is more important that we get the correct quality of product rather than offer cut price treatments, products and services (especially when it comes to medical treatments). You will never see Thames Skin Clinic advertising services on social coupon sites such as Groupon as we believe they have a negative impact on our customer safety, results and satisfaction. We also wish to abide by the advertising regulator and work in a safe ethical manor.
Our prices reflect the skill, training and premier product choices we have made as well as the true reflection of the beautiful bespoke clinic surroundings.
To discuss Polynucleotide treatment and for a detailed consultation regarding the best options for you please call us today and book an initial consultation with our specialist practitioners. There is a charge for appointments with Dr Hemming.
Courses of 4 from £1650 with Thames Dr
Course of 4 from £1700 with Dr Anna Hemming
Courses for 2, 3 or 4 areas available.