Plasma shower is suitable for all skin types for proforation, the medical terminology for opening skin cells to accept mesotherapy without needles. It is also fantastic for acne and congested skin as it helps minimise acne bacteria. We discuss your medical history at your new patient consultation and would ask you to postpone treatment if you were pregnant or breastfeeding.
Plasma shower treatments help in the following areas
- Acne treatment
- Skin regeneration, lifting
- Wrinkle and sagging skin improvement
- Collage remodelling and elastin production
- Anti inflammatory and anti bacterial (kills 99.9% of all bacteria)
- Deep dermal skin delivery system, (TDDS – transdermal drug delivery system, via porforation)
- TDDS enables no needling mesotherapy and uptake of specific serums straight into the skin
- Wound healing
- Stretch mark improvement
Plasma shower treatments are best performed as a courses for skin rejuvenation. With it’s unique action of opening up cell to accept larger molecules which are otherwise unable to enter the cell. Plasma shower can be used as a non microneedling mesotherapy. Applying specific serums of hyaluronic acid or growth factors and stem cells after treatment sends these much needed molecules into the cells to perform their specific rejuvenating function.
- Safe and in compliance with European and FDA standards
- Focused and targeted to delivery precise results.
- Plasma treatment is much less invasive than microneedling, laser or diathermy
- There is minimal downtime and risk of complication associated with Plasma Shower treatment.
Treatment works by forming plasma (the fourth state of matter) in the 1-2mm space between the tip of the device and the skin. Plasma forms a tiny arch which triggers a process called sublimation – where a solid turns straight into a gas – this in turn causes the fibres of the skin to shrink, contract and tighten. Tightening of the skin fibres contracts the surface area of the skin, creating an improvement in the appearance of drooping or sagging skin on the face, eyelids etc Due to the precise nature of Plasma, where heat is very accurately directed and doesn’t transfer to the surrounding tissues, Plasma shower is a safe and comfortable treatment.
Plasma shower skin tightening and treatments are considered a very safe treatment as plasma causes immediate skin contraction and healing. There is no electric current or heat transferred.
Plasma shower is not a painful treatment. Treatment may feel warm in some places and you may experience a tingling sensation.
There are no side effects or risks associated with this treatment. it is important to remember that Plasma shower opens the skin cells to accept our topical meso-serums and growth factors. This is brilliant to allow larger super-serums to get into the cells. These channels will be open for several hours after treatment too, so don’t put anything else on your skin unless it is part of your treatment plan. We discuss your medical history and allergies prior to treatment.
There is no downtime from a plasma shower treatment. However aftercare treatment guidance should be followed.
At Thames Skin clinic we precede all of our treatments with a full consultation. Your treatment will be carried out by a highly trained member of the Thames Skin Clinic team. Your medical history will be taken followed by an examination of your skin concerns. You can discuss whether Plasma treatment is suitable for you and address your expectations from treatment. When the treatment has been fully explained you will be required to sign a consent form and a photograph will be taken for your records.
Following cleansing, your Plasma treatment will commence. The device is held over your skin and the plasma energy is applied to the treatment area. This allows the skin to contract while triggering your body’s unique healing process. The treatment is not painful, some patients experience a warm slightly tingling feeling.
Following treatment, a specialist serum may be applied. The serum of choice depends on the nature of your concern and the application of your treatment.
Your final results depend on your skin condition in the treatment area, your desired results, the general condition of your skin and healing capability, any pre-existing medical problems.
Side effects are minimal if any. Treatment is not painful. Your skin will have an immediate glow.
It should not to be used if pregnant or breast feeding as we have no research to prove it is safe for your foetus or child.
Care must be taken if diagnosed with neurological or bleeding disorders, currently suffering with a skin infection or allergy or taking particular medication. Your specialist will be able to advise you further.
Please discuss any current medication with the doctor, especially if you are taking aspirin on Ibuprofen. Medication may need to be stopped before treatment.
Following plasma shower treatment do not apply any further products to your skin unless it is part of your treatment. The plasma shower opens channels in your skin which are normally closed. These channels have direct access to the inside of the skin and any unsuitable prodcuts applied can cause quite marked skin reactivity. The channels close between 6-12 hours after treatment. At this point you may continue your normal skincare routine or apply makeup.
- Apply a SPF 30+ sun screen. Recommended ZO skin health SPF 30 + primer, or ZO Skin Health Sheer SPF50.
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid any further cosmetic procedures for until healed.
- Avoid wearing make up over the area until healed
- Avoid applying plasters or occlusive dressings over the treated areas.
- Avoid extreme temperatures (hot and cold) for a minimum of 7 days after treatment (no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure).
- Avoid touching treatment area without first cleaning hands (can use Clinicsept+)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid Swimming for 48 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
If you have any concerns following treatment with Plasma shower please contact Thames Skin Clinic immediately.
Plasma Shower treatments vary by the area of treatment given to achieve the best results. For your concern. There are a number of applications of use for this treatment. We often get asked about the cost of treatment. At Thames Skin Clinic we pride ourselves on results rather than focus on the price of a treatment, it is more important that we get the correct quality of product rather than offer cut price treatments, products and services (especially when it comes to medical treatments). You will never see Thames Skin Clinic advertising services on social coupon sites such as Groupon as we believe they have a negative impact on our customer safety, results and satisfaction. We also wish to abide by the advertising regulator and work in a safe ethical manor.
Our prices reflect the skill, training and premier product choices we have made as well as the true reflection of the beautiful bespoke clinic surroundings.
To discuss plasma surgical treatments and for a detailed consultation regarding the best options for your treatment please call us today and book an initial consultation with a wonderful Thames Skin Clinic Therapist.
- Acne facial for bacteria clearance £350
- No needling mesotherapy from £400
- Plasma Shower with Bio-revitalization serum course of 6 £2100 (saving £300)
- Plasma Shower with Bio-revitalization serum DUO course of 6 £2300 (saving £400)
- Plasma Shower with Bio-revitalization serum £400
- Plasma Shower with Bio-revitalization serum DUO £450
- Plasma Shower with Growth Factor serum course of 6 £2200 (saving £650)
- Plasma Shower with Growth Factor serum £475