- We recommend wearing pressure garments of some description to improve your comfort. This could be a pair of Spanx, or we may suggest using chin compression, a fabric headband your chin overnight to help reduce swelling.
- Please bring compression garment for your treatment area to clinic on the day of treatment.
- Drink plenty of water after your Aqualyx treatment.
- Follow a low-fat diet for the period between your Aqualyx treatment and your follow-up appointment. This is because you do not want to cause additional stress to your liver by having to cope with processing two sources of fat
- Massaging or pinching the treated area can continue stimulating it. This will improve the body’s response to the Aqualyx.
What NOT to do after treatment
- Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. sauna, solarium and sunbathing).
- We would suggest avoiding exercise on the day of treatment. After this you can resume gentle exercise as and when you feel ready. You may not feel ready for strenuous exercise for the first week, as you may feel a little tender.
- Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medication as this will dampen your body’s response to the Aqualyx and potentially mean you do not respond to treatment as well as you would otherwise have done.
- Do not use any cosmetics or make up in the treated area for 24 hours.