Hydradermabrasion is the technology behind HydraFacial. Introduced to the UK in 2009 as a more advanced treatment to microdermabrasion.
HydraFacial actively causes the skin to take up moisture during treatment. The HydraFacial has a special spiral tip with multiple edges to exfoliate the skin several times as the tip moves over the skin. Serums applied to the skin enable dead cells, sebum (skin’s oil) and impurities to be extracted.
HydraFacial philosophy is skin health for life™ and is therefore about lifestyle change requiring monthly hydrafacial treatments and a daily commitment to the application of home skin care products.
At Thames Skin Clinic we are committed to skin health and have a skin fitness program tailored to your personal skin needs.
HydraFacial treatment has 6 stages:
- Detoxifying Lymphatic stage Gentle lymphatic massage techniques via a special suction hand-piece or finger tip drainage to increase blood circulation and detoxify, resulting in better overall skin.
- Deep Cleanse & Exfoliation – Dead skin cells and impurities are gently lifted using the vortex suction for a deep-cleansing result.
- Brightening Peel – Helps to loosen underlying debris within the pores by using a gentle glycolic and salicylic solution which helps to brightening your skin.
- Extraction – Using Hydrafacial patented technology and vortex fusion combined with salicylic acid, suction is used to deeply extract blackheads and impurities.
- Hydrate & Protect – A combination of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and peptides replenish, plump and hydrate your skin.
- LED STAGE LED application during which red, blue and/or infrared LED is applied to the Hydrafacial treated skin to aid rejuvenation and treat acne. We use our Dermalux LED flex within this stage at no extra cost, to give powerful results.
At Thames Skin Clinic, we tailor the Hydrafacial to our patients concerns and include a complimentary booster serum within every treatment. One of the below is selected depending on your skin type:
- ZO Skin health Brightalive boost – Minimizes the appearance of discoloration and brightens skin tone for an instantly gratifying glow.
- Growth Factor Boost – Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to restore skin health and vitality.
- Dermabuilder Boost – Minimizes signs of aging and recharges skin with a patented combination of peptides.
- Britenol Boost – minimizes the appearance of dark spots and sun spots for an even complexion.
- Murad Retinol Boost – Accelerates skin’s surface renewal and instantly plumps to minimise the look of wrinkles, even tone and boost youthful radiance.
- NassifMD Hydraflucan Intense Hydration Boost – Hydrate, repair, and radiate your skin leaving it glowing.
You can also add on Hydrafacial PERK
for lips or eyes to deeply condition these areas in particular.