We assess patient specific factors to determine the likely number of treatments for your course.
- patient skin type
- hair type – thickness, colour, length
- treatment site – facial hair, body areas
- medical history – diseases
- hormone conditions (poly cystic ovaries)
- ethnicity – genetic factors
Brown and black hair types show the greatest response to laser hair removal. White, pale blond and light grey hairs cannot absorb the targeted amplified light and do not yield the best results.
Usually 6-8 treatment are required. For some patients they may need more depending on your individual hair and skin types.
Laser hair removal treatments are spaced several weeks apart.
- Facial hair 4-8 week intervals
- Body hair 6-10 week intervals
- Back or leg hair 8-12 weeks intervals
Facial skin has significantly more hair follicles per cm than the body, which is why you can see results within the first three to four treatments with shorter intervals than on the body.
Unwanted hair may be caused by medical conditions such as hirsutism, hypertrichosis and other disorders. Treatments using the Excel HR and V+ systems will not cure the medical conditions causing unwanted hair but will reduce the unwanted hair the condition causes.