Radiofrequency treatment is suitable for all skin types and ages. There are some medical conditions and medication that can affect treatment. Please discuss this treatment with us if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
How do you decide which skin tightening treatment is most suitable for you?
We are all individual and as a result our bodies change in different ways. Your needs will be different to others although a very similar process is occurring inside. Our expertise lies in defining best treatment options to make the most positive change. Always working ethically to give the best treatment result with the minimum amount of product, treatment or procedure.
Thames Skin Clinic is very happy to see you for an initial skin consultation where your concerns can be assessed as well as your suitability for individual skin tightening treatments.
For the best combination for Skin Tightening treatments please contact the clinic to book an assessment appointment with Dr Hemming or a member of her team. There is a charge for this appointment to allow enough time to make the correct assessment and plan for your treatment.
Radiofrequency treatments improve:
- Photo and sun damaged skin
- Active acne
- Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
RF energy heats deep layers of the skin in a controlled way to revitalise collagen, improving skin complexion and texture. Using Fractora the selected pins create immediate ablation which triggers healing and re-epitheilalization then new collagen and elastin formation. Compared with other RF treatments like CO2 laser the downtime is minimal and you will see noticeable results after 2 weeks, improving for 3 months, lasting up to 2 years.
The collagen stimulation and textural improvement seen following Radiofrequency prove it is an effective skin tightening treatment.
Forma treatment is a bipolar skin surface, temperature controlled radiofrequency skin tightening treatment to stimulate collagen and tighten skin. Courses of 4,6 or more are recommended depending on the laxity of your skin.
Fractora takes radiofrequency skin tightening a step further. The treatment uses micro-needles (called pins) to send the radiofrequency deeper into the skin. The micro-needles improve the texture of your skin and the radiofrequency improves skin laxity. This is a wonderful treatment for textual skin improvements. There is an instant tightening effect which continue for up to 3 months after treatment.
Additional treatments to tighten skin, rehydrate and improve skin laxity are suitable for some patients.
Radiofrequency treatment is extremely safe. Our doctors and therapists are highly trained in the use of radiofrequency and can be consulted to discuss treatment options.
We offer several types of radiofrequency treatment. Fractora combines the use of microneedles to take radiofrequency through the skin. Local anaesthetic is used for this treatment. Forma radiofrequency does not need local anaesthetic and is a more gentle option.
Treatment is safe and effective way to tighten skin, treat acne, scarring and in some can help pigmentation too. Side effects include redness, swelling and tenderness. The correct aftercare must be followed to protect your skin from the sun. We discuss your medical history and allergies prior to treatment.
Following Fractora we recommend several days down time. With more advanced treatment this can be up to 7 days. There is no down time with Forma radiofrequency.
First your medical history will be taken followed by an examination of your skin concerns. You can discuss whether Forma treatment is suitable for you and address your expectations from treatment. When the treatment has been fully explained you will be required to sign a consent form and a photograph will be taken for your confidential records. Following cleansing forma treatment can be started. Forma treatment is applied to the skin in a series of zones, gently heating the area to the desired temperature for maximal collagen stimulation. There is no down time following Forma. Patients sometimes find their skin has a red warm glow which is present for a few hours post treatment.
Treatment is a safe and effective way of tightening skin, reducing wrinkles and progressive static lines. Treatment is frequently used in the following areas.
Forma RF treatment can be used on the following areas:
- Full Face
- Half Face
- Crows Feet
- Upper eye lids
- Lower eye lids
- Nasolabial folds
- Smile lines
- Stretch marks
- Inner arms (bat wings)
- Inner thighs
For other treatment areas please discuss with Dr Anna Hemming Treatment prices vary depending on the area and the number of treatment zones. Dr Hemming will be able to discuss the options most suitable for your skin concerns following examination.
Normal post treatment expectations following Fractora RF include
- Erythema (redness) 2-3 days
- Oedema (swelling) 2-5 days
- Tiny scabs appear 1-3 days later and last for a few days
- Downtime 1-2 weeks depending on treatment parameters and patient skin type
- Pain and tenderness (most patients do not require pain relief following the procedure)
- Radiofrequency pin tips can be visible for 1-3 weeks depending on the treatment parameters In addition, patients who are prone to bruising may experience some, especially if there are tiny blood vessels close to the skin surface.
- Use an antiseptic cream or ointment following treatment for the first 48 hours. Dr Hemming will apply Clinisept + to you skin immediately following the procedure.
- This is an excellent product and a facial spritz is recommended which can be purchased following treatment.
- A growth factor serum is also applied to your skin to enhance treatment effects, speed healing and decrease down time.
- Avoid using make up for 24-48 hours
- Ensure makeup brushes pads and other applications are clean preferably new.
- Avoid touching treatment area without first cleaning hands (can use Clinisept+)
- Ensure hands are clean before washing the treated area
- Use sun cream / Moisturiser with high SPF (Factor 30 and above for 4 weeks post treatment) High quality SPF can be purchased after treatment. Recommend ZO SPF 30 or Sheer SPF50
- Omit skincare routine until discussed with Dr Hemming. Some products in skincare increase the potential for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Dr Hemming can provide as suitable post procedure skincare plan for you.
- Avoid extreme sun exposure or sun beds for 3-4 weeks post treatment
- Moisturise the skin, starting 4 hours post treatment and continuing twice a day for 4 weeks. Recommend Hydrating and Calming cream. If you have any concerns following treatment with Fractora please contact Dr Hemming immediately.
Radiofrequency treatments vary by the area of treatment and type of treatment to give you the best results. We often get asked about the cost of treatment. At Thames Skin Clinic we pride ourselves on results rather than focus on the price of a treatment, it is more important that we get the correct quality of product rather than offer cut price treatments, products and services (especially when it comes to medical treatments). You will never see Thames Skin Clinic advertising services on social coupon sites such as Groupon as we believe they have a negative impact on our customer safety, results and satisfaction. We also wish to abide by the advertising regulator and work in a safe ethical manor.
Our prices reflect the skill, training and premier product choices we have made as well as the true reflection of the beautiful bespoke clinic surroundings.
s skin tightening treatment and for a detailed consultation regarding the best options for your treatment please call us today and book an initial consultation with our specialist practitioners. There is a charge for appointments with Dr Hemming.
Forma prices from £250
Forma Courses of 6 from £1275
Fractora Prices from £750