Laser treatment is not suitable for all skin types. Depending on your skin type and concern we will recommend the right treatment for you. There are some medical conditions and medication that can affect treatment. Please discuss this treatment with us if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
How do you decide which skin tightening or laser treatment is most suitable?
We are all individual and as a result our bodies change in different ways. Your needs will be different to others although a very similar process is occurring inside. Our expertise lies in defining best treatment options to make the most positive change. Always working ethically to give the best treatment result with the minimum amount of product, treatment or procedure.
Thames Skin Clinic is very happy to see you for an initial skin consultation where your concerns can be assessed as well as your suitability for individual skin treatments. Thames Skin Clinic uses the safest and most up to date laser technology to treat patients.
For the best combination for Skin Tightening treatments please contact the clinic to book an assessment appointment with Dr Hemming or a member of her team. There is a charge for this appointment to allow enough time to make the correct assessment and plan for your treatment.
Laser Excel V+ treatment can be used many areas:
- Photo and sun damaged skin
- Acne Scarring
- Stretch marks
- Lax and sagging skin
- Veins, facial
- Veins, legs
- Veins, periorbital
- Port wine stains
- Veinous malformations
- Benign pigmented lesions
- Age spots / brown spots
- Small area hair removal
All treatments start with a consultation when our practitioner will examine your skin and explain the reasons behind using the specific hand piece. The choice of hand piece depends on the concern (pigmentation, vascular lesion, skin rejuvenation), the size of the target area and the depth the treatment needs to be delivered.
Lasers use the technology of light absorption by different elements in the skin to target the areas of concern and trigger rejuvenation.
Laser treatment is extremely safe. Our doctors and therapists are highly trained in the use of Lasers and can be consulted to discuss treatment options.
We offer several types of laser treatment. Each can feel different but you do not need local anaesthetic for this treatment. Laser combines the use of different wavelengths treat skin redness, vascular lesions, pigmentation and other conditions in the skin.
Treatment is safe and effective way to treat pigmentation and vascular skin conditions. Your skin will be a little red and some can have some skin irritation following treatment. It is essential to follow our aftercare advice following your laser treatment.
Following laser treatment your skin will be a little red. There is often no down time. However we will be able to discuss this depending on your skin treatment.
First your medical history will be taken followed by an examination of your skin concerns. Your doctor or therapist can discuss whether Excel V+ Laser treatment is suitable for you and if this will address your expectations from our treatment.
When the treatment procedure has been fully explained you will be required to sign a consent form and a photograph will be taken for your confidential records.
A patch test is always required at least 24/48 hours prior to treatment, in some cases the patch test will cover the whole treatment area, ie for a single spot treatment, in this case a patch test is not required.
A patch test helps to monitor settings and response of the lesion and see how the surrounding skin tissue reacts. It is safe practice and enables effective results.
- Redness – nose, cheeks, chin, full face
- Pigmentation- nose, cheeks, chin, full face, neck, décolletage and hands
- Photo and sun damaged full face, skin hands, décolletage and hands
- Acne scarring – full face, cheeks, sides of face, upper back.
- Scarring face or body.
- Rosacea- nose, cheeks, full face
- Thread veins face- nose, cheeks, chin, full face
- Leg veins
- Sun spots -full face, neck, décolletage and hands
For other treatment areas please discuss with Dr Anna Hemming Treatment prices vary depending on the area and the number of treatment zones. Dr Hemming will be able to discuss the options most suitable for your skin concerns following examination.
Normal post Laser side effects include some heat and redness/blushing in the skin and some tightness, darkening and crusting of the lesion. Some resolves within hours, others over a few days from 48 hours to 7-14 days post treatment. This all depends on the type of concern treated on the day.
How to look after your skin
- Avoid make-up for 24-48 hrs.
- Ensure makeup brushes pads and other applications are clean preferably new.
- Do not use active treatment products on the skin for the next 24-48 hrs (Glycolic, Retinol, Salicylic acid).
- Omit skincare routine until discussed with your Thames Skin therapist. Some products in skincare can irritate your skin following treatment.
- Your Therapist can provide as suitable post procedure skincare plan for you.
- Use sun cream / Moisturiser with high SPF (Factor 30 and above for 4 weeks post treatment) High quality SPF can be purchased after treatment. Recommend ZO SPF 30 or BroadSpectrum SPF50
- If feeling tight and hot post treatment we recommend ZO Skin Health hydrating and calming cream.
- Moisturise the skin, starting 4 hours post treatment and continuing twice a day for 4 weeks. Hydrating and Calming cream is excellent for this.
Things to avoid
- Avoid Excessive exercise 48-72 hrs post treatment.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the area for 7-14 days post treatment.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, swimming and hot showers for 24-48hrs post treatment.
- Avoid touching, picking or scratching the area as this will increase the chance of scarring.
When skin returns to normal your skincare regime can resume. If you do not have a skincare routine we can set this up for you. Good skincare encourages skin health and helps prolong treatment results.
If you have any concerns following your laser treatment please contact the clinic immediately.
At Thames Skin Clinic Dr Hemming has designed her bespoke laser treatments to help vascular skin problems and treat pigmentation and skin rejuvenation as well as smooth unwanted lines and wrinkles. Click here to arrange a consultation.
- single thread veins from £195
- medium areas from £395
- large areas from £495
- small areas from £295
- medium areas from £495
- large areas from £595
- small area, spot treatment from £195
- medium lesions / cluster of small lesions £395
- large lesions / multiple small lesions £595
- single treatments from £395
- packages of 3 £999
- packages of 6 £1999
- single treatment £395
- package of 3 £999
- package of 6 £1999
Laser treatments vary by the area of treatment and type of treatment to give you the best results. We often get asked about the cost of treatment. At Thames Skin Clinic we pride ourselves on results rather than focus on the price of a treatment, it is more important that we get the correct quality of product rather than offer cut price treatments, products and services (especially when it comes to medical treatments). You will never see Thames Skin Clinic advertising services on social coupon sites such as Groupon as we believe they have a negative impact on our customer safety, results and satisfaction. We also wish to abide by the advertising regulator and work in a safe ethical manor.
Our prices reflect the skill, training and premier product choices we have made as well as the true reflection of the beautiful bespoke clinic surroundings.
To discuss Laser treatment and for a detailed consultation regarding the best options for you please call us today and book an initial consultation with our specialist practitioners. There is a charge for appointments with Dr Hemming.